North Somerset Council will meet to approve it's budget for 2015/16 on 17th February 2015. Their budget includes another £15 million of cuts to jobs and services, on top of £63 million of cuts made since 2010. Proposals include:
- More job cuts - 18 definite including school crossing patrols, 10 -15 management posts, and more job cuts to come as a result of reviews of Training and Human Resources - all on top of 400 job cuts over the last 4 years.
- 120 full-time equivalent staff transferred to the private sector on 1st February 2015
- 52 full-time jobs from the START reablement team to be outsourced by 2016
- Reductions to overtime, unsocial hours working, call out and standby payments, and travel allowances for staff
- Increased charges for Community Meals
- Further cuts to Supporting People Services
- Further cuts to budgets for care packages
- Cuts to school transport and crossing patrols
- Cuts to funding to the voluntary sector
- Cuts to budgets for road safety and sustainable transport
Members of North Somerset UNISON will be lobbying the meeting from 5.30 pm outside the Town Hall in Weston super Mare - all members and non-members are welcome.